FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

My 2002 chrysler concorde keep over heating i have change

Customer Question

hey my 2002 chrysler concorde keep over heating i have change the thermostats an radiator but when ever the car start to over heat i just turn the heat on high an it usually cool it back to the half way point but not to the normal plcae where it suppose to be what could it possible be? also sometime after i cut the car off if i sit an then i could hear the coolant boiling in the reser
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Typically if the radiator fans are coming on this can be as simple as a bad cooling system pressure cap or a collapsing radiator hose. Either of these will cause it. If the fans are not coming on then you may have a circuit issue. Most of the time though this is caused by an issue with a weak head gasket that is leaking pressure into the cooling system. You can do a block test with a block test kit from most auto parts stores. I would test this to see if there is an internal leak. Please let me know if you need more help.