Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2008 PT cruiser 2.4T I had to add power steering fluid found

Customer Question

2008 PT cruiser 2.4T I had to add power steering fluid found red fluid under front and to the left (drivers side) of the radiator and looking up say under the battery there were 2 hoses with red fluid on them, looks like going from the front of the rad. and back. how do get to the cooler and steering pump to replace those lines?
Pat
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if the lines have loose hose clamps as some of the hoses have a clamp that can loosen up that may just need tightened to correct this fault here.If you do not see any clamps for this to tighten without removing anything let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete no response on my question as yet, from your reply my guess would be my question was a little hard to under stand. How's this the power steering leak is coming from the front I can see 2 hoses wet with fluid (red fluid) but where they are I can't see the ends can not be seen because going towards the radiator leading me to believe that's where the power steering cooler is. My question is what way is the fastest or easiest way to get to the steering cooler, remove the grille and bumper?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The 2.4T usually stands for turbo.

The fastest and easiest way to get to the cooler is from under the vehicle with the vehicle lifted.Below is a picture I have located on accessing the cooler and hoses for it.Check and make sure the hoses do not need replaced if they have any damage and see if the clamps just need to be tightened any.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gcrptispu2yn1a/cool-12-01.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Pete not right there is no cooler mounted on the cross member under the rack an pinion. I seen this on a 2001 or 2002
please call me I would of liked to be working on the car by now, not typing so please call(###) ###-####Thanks Pat
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself and cannot place a call myself at this time.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete