rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2003 Chrysler Concorde start up good runs great idles smooth

Customer Question

2003 Chrysler Concorde start up good runs great idles smooth won't go over 2000-25--rpm codes showed a possible bad camshaft and or crankshaft positioning sensor. Both sensors replaced with no change in rpm cutting off at around 2000-2500rpm. No other codes reading at this time,my questions are would a bad timing belt cause this issue? I am thinking the car would have more issue's than it does if it were a timing belt. What is your opinion on this?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I would also test the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, but you should do a compression test to secure valve timing concerns.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check that my confusion is no starnge or odd engine noise it starts up great-idles great accelerates great up until 2000-2500rpm code shows p0016 it's V6 2.7. Would this car run as good as it does if it were a timing issue? Also if it were a fuel issue how can it still accelerate so quickly up until 2000rpm? It will run out as fast as I want as long as I keep it under 2000rpm hiting 65mph with no hesitation if I creep to that speed & don't crowd the rpm past 2000...
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

A timing issue won't change form cold to hot, so no. but the fuel pressure can vary and cause this issue, so remember to test that and the volume with a gauge.

Thank again and don't forget to rate me and KEEP this link for future reference if needed by us.