sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I'm considering buying a 2007 3500, quad cab, bed, dually

Customer Question

Customer: I'm considering buying a 2007 3500, quad cab, long bed, dually with 159,000 ***** *****. Not sure if suspension has been modified in any way, but it appears stock to me. Can you tell me the max payload and 5th wheel pulling specs ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a 39 foot 5th wheel, dry weight is 12,230, max gross is 14,000, hitch weight is 2060 lbs. My name is Frank.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Probably. How long? We're thinking of getting it probably early next week and having a local diesel shop give it an inspection. Just wanted to know towing specs and if we should have injectors changed if they haven't already been changed. Or any other idiosyncrasies you can pass along.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Towing capacity will depend on what engine and is in it.

Is it a 5.9 or 6.7, and is it automatic or manual trans?