Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Key stuck can not shift to park

Customer Question

Key stuck can not shift to park
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed.

I'm afraid your ignition cylinder, called the Wireless Ignition Node (WIN for short) has failed internally unless you have no battery power. Actual system power is needed to achieve a return of the key to the position where it can be removed and the shifter placed back in park. If you know that your battery is dead, just get a jump start, or charge/ replace the battery and you should be all good. The circuit is also fused, so it would pay to check Fuse M27 (10 amp) in the underhood fuse and relay panel. An under-cover road map will guide you to the location of M27 and if blown, you may be OK after replacing it. Otherwise... you've got a failed WIN, which is the bad news.

The good news is that your van may be involved in Recall R03, which replaces the WIN module at no charge. While I can't say for sure if your van is involved, I can check recall applicability online if you'd be so kind as to send me the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Ed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did get recall from manufacturer for ignition switch and was refer local dealer for service which was done then return back to 7 days later for service to the same switch . Vin#0106 town and country 2008 4.0
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I don't understand your post. I'll opt out and hope you get the help you need.

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Do you need help with this?