sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

With my 08 chrysler t&c I can't unlock to open driver

Customer Question

With my 08 chrysler t&c I can't unlock to open driver sliding door manually or electrically.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're unable to unlock it manually and the lock lever isn't moving then the issue is a failed lock actuator. The lock actuator is the solenoid on the latch that controls power lock functions. When they fail they will start to become stiff and it will progress to not being able to move at all.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel and then remove the carrier plate as best as possible to access the latch area at the back of the door. The actuator will need to be broken to the point that the linkage on the latch can be moved by hand, the door unlocked and opened, then the door can be disassembled the rest of the way to remove the latch and replace the actuator.