Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Renewed h2o pump & ALL timing components. fired up & run

Customer Question

renewed h2o pump & ALL timing components. fired up & run fine during warmup & purging cooling system. got an oil leak: missed missed hair-line crack in main tensioner cap. How do i reset tensioner without special tool & arm it without removing right valve cover? OR is there a special proceedure to replaceco ONLY main tensioner?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

is the engine still in time now?

you are talking about the timing chain tensionor,,correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO NOT know if still in time! Can it be? that is why this caveman mechanic is asking a professional!! Yes, the primary timing chain tensioner (the hydraulic pc behind 2bolt cap on right head) is what i am talkin about. can it be reset without special tool? is there a specia lprocedure to R&R tensioner ONLY?

ok

i would think you will need to double check the timing,,it may have jumped..i will give you the procedure

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn835676m5t9tpk/1127-sebring-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/qn835676m5t9tpk/1127-sebring-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no advice on tnsioner reset, re-arming other than text (Chrysler manual) procedure?

no,,i want you to check the timing and replace the tensionor,,i would think it has jumped time and it will need reset anyways

i gave yo the reset procedure for the tensionor also

you do not want to just install the tensionor and take a gamble on it being in time,,if it is out of time you can cause major damage..it will warped the valves

thanks