sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have two 300C's - a 2006 & 2007. On both cars, different

Customer Question

Customer: I have two 300C's - a 2006 & 2007. On both cars, different dash or panel or courtesy lights are out - on the AC controls, the window switches, the seat heater controls. etc. When I ask the Chrysler dealer, he says these very expensive modules must be replaced. Just for a little light?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Also, I replaced all the door handles on both cars, and they're already breaking again. Is there a more robust handle available for these cars. I'm in the Philippines. It costs $234 to replace one handle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: For example, you know the AC control knobs are illuminated with the lights on. On both cars, the numbers and arrow around the right dial are no longer illuminated.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The bulbs in these components, as with most similar components on modern vehicles, are LED's permanently mounted inside them. If you're experienced in electronics/circuit board repair you may be able to disassemble these items, unsolder the bulbs, find replacements and install them, but they aren't intended to be serviceable like an incandescent bulb on an older vehicle. The normal repair would be to replace the component if the lighting has failed.