Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a friend who has some problems with her 2007 Chrysler

Customer Question

I have a young friend who has some problems with her 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. These are the issues and prices she is being charged are they exorbitant or sound just about right. Replace two engine mounts & two Transmission mounts $790.00. Replace 6 plugs
and wires for $248.59. Replace a belt for $115.49
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

That seems a little high on the mounts, but it's tough to say exactly without knowing which mounts are being replaced. Here is the page from the labor book on mounts.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

That's about $50 high on the plugs. Here is the labor sheet. It shows 1.1 hours. Which means assuming a labor rate of 110 per hour that she is being charged $21 per plug and boot. That's a lot.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The belt price is pretty normal. Most shops don't go by book rate, they just have a flat rate for belts and anywhere from $89-$119 is pretty typical.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a cost sheet for plugs that go along with that hourly rate? and is that a rate to replace one or all six. and again does 1.1 mean 1.1 hours? and does 0.4 mean 40 minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spark plug replacement they called tuneup. Will that help you price it better?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

That rate listed is to replace all six plugs. The cost of the plugs depends on the brand of plug used and the markup that the shop charges. The plugs should cost about 9.99 per plug with a typical markup. The plug wires should be about $50 for the set. So I guess in reality the 248.59 isn't terrible for a spark plug replacement, if they replaced the plugs and wires. A tune up isn't what it used to be, so spark plugs and wires is really all that gets replaced in a tune up anymore.

Labor rates are listed in tenths of an hour so the .4 means 24 minutes (.4x60).

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Also, don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.