Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2002 pt cruiser. while driving one day the check

Customer Question

I have a 2002 pt cruiser. while driving one day the check engine light came on. two days later went to drive to the store and it won't shift out of first gear. I was told it was probably the throttle position sensor. is that what the problem is or is it the transmission
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

before ANY parts are installed you first need to know why the check engine light is on, there are literally thousands of codes and hundreds that pertain to the transmission and ANY fault that has to do with the transmission will cause it t go to limp in and not shift.

to get codes you need a code reader or scan tool if you don't have one a larger parts store MAY be able to read them for you