Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 2002 300M the engine error light came on I took the

Customer Question

Hello
Chrysler 2002 300M the engine error light came on I took the car over to a Sears auto mechanic where he checked the error code p0154 oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1 replaced sensor it was ok for a couple days then the engine light came back on he tested the car again and said that the computer software is out of date for me to take to a Chrysler dealership and have them upgrade the software however when he tested the engine error light again the code error p0144 came up which he said it could be a defective rear most oxygen sensor but he said I should check with a Chrysler mechanic Help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is not a valid code. You can have codes checked at your local parts store for free to double check. You should also be able to turn key on-off-on-off-on within 5 seconds and codes should display on dash. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I checked myself with tool call the Car MD and INNOVA 3130 ScanTool CANOBD2 which both show the error code PO144 eith the engine error light on when car turned on I also saw the error code on the Sears Mechanic testing device PO144
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PO144 -OBD-II Trouble code Oxygen Sensor Circuit Voltage Bank 1 sensor 3
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your PCM has failed since vehicle is setting invalid codes. I'll open question up to see if someone else has a little more optimistic information. This vehicle does not have a sensor 3. Someone will reply automatically when they can help, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Common problems that trigger the PO144 Code "defective rear most oxygen sensor, Faulty rear most oxygen sensor wiring or connection shorted rear most oxygen sensor heater elment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other potential causes of an PO144 code bad 02 sensor(bank 1 sensor 3,wiring in contact with the exhaust components engine running rich( if other codes are present holes in exhaust near bank 1 sensor 3 short to voltage on signal circuit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Dan
I am not satisfied with your resolution or diagnosis I guess I will have to go elsewhere to find a solution
I therefor can not pay you the $25
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I didn't post a answer so you couldn't have paid me if you wanted to. That one was on the house, let me know what fix ends up being.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey
I already Took care of the refund sorry but I am going back to the Chrysler mechanic at the Chrysler dealership
Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is fine, I'd like to know if my diagnosis of failed PCM is correct or not. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no it is not Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What was the fix? That was quick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not want to be referred to another mechanic again thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just wondering what the solution to your problem was. Let me know when dealer makes repair what was done. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fix is pending my (defective rear most oxygen sensor) per Chrysler mechanic at my local Chrysler dealership
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when it is done, thanks again and have a good evening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do may you also have a pleasant evening Thank You
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.