Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have 2003 Chrysler town and country. The right brake light

Customer Question

I have 2003 Chrysler town and country. The right brake light doesn't work. Turn signal and running light are good.thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you replaced the bulb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I thought so, I just wanted to ask. This would mean wiring/connector problem. Make sure connector going to bulb is good, if so then problem is wiring that goes between bulb and splice 304 which is where all of the white/tan wires that go to brake lights bulbs meet. You will need to follow wire to find damage or run a new wire between bulb and splice. Here is a wire diagram and picture of splice to help with testing. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n64wynnil8jgy4/br1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlewyc6pkhtq1rc/br3.pdf?dl=0

-

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The phone call option is not working but you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees even after leaving a rating. Let me know if you have more questions or run into questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot access the result from a dropboxchoirs an app that wants to sell you things I do not want to get that
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, give me a minute and I"ll upload directly onto website. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This should work, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send result attached to email so I can open it up on my iPad the one on my phone is too small
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What is the email? Please do not forget to leave rating, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The schematic you sent me doesn't look correct the left side tail light housing has three bulbs and the right side has two bulbs this is a 2003 Chrysler town and country
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a tan/white wire going to brake light?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

white/tan*

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm about to get offline for the night, we can continue conversation tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White tan wire comes out of housing and goes into metal finned housing then two wires come out. One wire is green the other is white and tan they continue into the body of vehicle
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The white/tan wire is the one you need to pay attention to. Check to see if it has voltage wen pressing brakes, if so brake light housing is problem. If not then you need to follow wire back to splice. Let me know how it goes, thanks.