Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

My Chrysler Pacifica 2007 is in the shop at a local Dodge

Customer Question

Brad, my name is***** Pacifica 2007 is in the shop at a local Dodge place for the 4th time. It has a problem with the dropping gas gauge and it is hard to fill up. They keep changing the pumps every time. What should I do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you give me more details. What do you mean dropping the gas gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I understand it, the gas tank is in 2 separate sections, each having their own pump. The problem consists of 2 different issues. 1. When the gas gauge gets to half a tank, it drops to empty. 2. When this problem occurs, it is very slow to fill up because it keeps kicking off the gas pump. This is a known problem with 2004-2007 Pacificas. It is currently in the local Dodge Dealership's service shop for the 4th time for the same problem. They are telling me that it is because of mud/dirt messing it up. However, the 3rd time it did this, we were in the middle of a drought. I am unsure how to procede.

I am familiar with the problem. The issue seems to be complicated by several things. The first and most obvious is the issue of the split tank that has caused several issues. The second is that this entire system is controlled by a computer that was created when Chrysler and Mercedes were working together but since have separated. The dealership should have the most up to date information on this issue, but unfortunately while investigating this issue in the past it seems that they are not very forth coming as to what the real issue is.

Are you aware of the hidden diagnosis information that you can access yourself? With this it will tell you how much fuel is in each side of your tank. It may be that the pumps that equal this out are not working correctly.