Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring, handicapped

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring, handicapped converted.
The remote is not working. What should I do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Have you had the batteries in the remote checked or replaced yet?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked at the remote and it does not seem to use a battery..
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

It does use a battery. Go to your auto parts store. They can test the remote and battery. If it just needs the battery replaced then they can change it while you are there.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, were you able to get the remote battery tested?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, just checking. Let me know if it is the battery or the remote itself when you get a chance

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, I have a strange problem. On Friday, my remote did not seem to be working at all. I have a handicapped converted van. Besides the remote not appearing to work, the buttons inside the car to open the passenger door did not work. My technician from my mobility company came and checked the car Friday night. He checked the car and said that it did not seem to be a conversion problem, that he thought it was the car itself, maybe a loose wire?
I let the car sit over the weekend. I sent in the question. When I went to check the car this morning, the remote worked. I will be getting new batteries and will change them tomorrow.
What do you think the problem is? What further action do you think I should take?Linda
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks for the detailed information Linda. I did not know that you had these other issues. It may be the remote, but now that you have told me more, I am thinking that maybe you have a Body Control Module problem, or a problem with the mobility conversion systems. Keep me posted as to what the mobility technician find .

Chris