Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 2004 Crossfire with the engine running and turned off to

Customer Question

My 2004 Crossfire with the engine running and turned off to day had a noise coming from the engine area. Also it smelled like something was burning under the hood. I had to disconnect the battery while the engine was turned off to stop the noise and the burn smell coming from the engine area. Did not see any smoke but smelled a serious burn smell under the hood. This is the first time this has ever happen. The car will still start and can still be driven. The only way to get it to stop is to disconnect the battery even when the engine is turned off. Sounds like something is running and burning with the ignition running or off.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Can you describe the sound of the noise to something I can imagine?

Where under the hood does the noise seem to come from?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sounded like something was running and burning with the engine off. Unsure where under the hood but it continued with the engine ignition turned off. Had to disconnect the battery. Any idea???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I reconnect the battery with the ignition off I can still hear a humming sound and a burning smell.

Something running, like a wiper motor, starter, blower motor, radiator fan, ABS motor.

Was it a hum, whine, clicking, ratcheting, moan noise.

Did it sound like the noise from any if these examples?

Can you hear it more from a certain side of the car?

Was the odor like oil, wire, coolant, or gas burning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The smell was like wire burn smell and seemed in the front of engine. The fan motor was not on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a hum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This hum stays on with the engine on or off and will not stop unless I disconnect the battery

While the engine running is there an odor?

Can you try and pinpoint a general area for the noise, there are way to many things which can hum?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a odor of burn with the engine running and turned off. Apparently this service is not working for me . Very unhappy!!

Sorry your not happy, do you want to continue or pass and move on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets end this waste of time and save some respect so I don't truly feel cheated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have truly given you all the information I know and have no idea why the hum and smell would continue even with the ignition off. Will have it towed to a shop tomorrow. Also request a refund for this waste of time. GN.

Thanks for giving us a shot.