Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I changed a dead battery in my 2006 Chrysler 300 now my

Customer Question

I changed a dead battery in my 2006 Chrysler 300 now my horn, mirrors, turn signals, wipers and high beams won't work. Also the ESP/BAC light is on the dash
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

I read this, I couldn't help but laugh we just went through this same situation but with a Chrysler van, And my tech had disconnected the cables touched and rehooked all to no avail, I got the scan tool and there were several codes set in the bcm, cleared the codes and all is well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already connected a scan tool this AM. The only Code that was set was P0300 Random Misfire. I cleared that code but I don't think it was related to my problem.

The scan tool you use is it capable of scanning all modules or is it a code reader

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tool I used is a code reader Innova 3100

A code reader does not have the capability of checking codes in the modules I speak of

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that's the case, I'm guessing you have no other suggestions?

I am sorry sir I got busy at shop and had to drive home. Because of my experience with this, I would like you to get the codes scanned and checked for all modules on car. Your car uses a can network system. The code reader you have want do this.

In my shop we get a hundred bucks to hook up to the car check all modules and do any softward updates that are due. Is there a Christian Brothers Automotive close to yoU? Most shops that do diagnostic work can scan and I feel strongly that this will solve your problem

This is what happens the can network relies greatly on a certain voltage window if the car falls outside of that or if there are any voltage spikes or abnormalitys modules will shut down certain operations and want resume until the codes are cleared.

If you do all your work yourself, one alternative I recommend is getting a Launch easy diag it works with your smart phone and software for chrysler can be bought for 70 bucks and you will have a scan tool that will read all modules perform many resets and operations. It will pay for itself the first time you use it.