Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

OBD code PO135 After replacing 3 TIME B1S1 o2 sensor has a"

Customer Question

OBD code PO135 After replacing 3 TIME B1S1 o2 sensor has a " o2 heating elementhas failed (open or shorted). What do I look for now
2002 PT CRUISER
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for using our service!

The circuit for the heater element for the upstream sensor (B1S1) is pretty simple; voltage comes to it from the ASD relay while ground is applied by the PCM.

ith a cold engine and ignition off, place your test light probe on terminal 1 (Dark Green/Orange wire) of the O2 connector, then place the test light clip on a good ground (battery negative post is best). Start the engine; the test light should flash or shine brightly showing there is voltage at that point.

• If not, trace and repair the Dark Green/Orange wire from the O2 sensor to the ASD relay.
  • If test light showed voltage, shut the engine off. Change the test light clip to the battery positive post; then probe O2 sensor connector terminal 2 (Orange/Red wire). Start the engine; the test light should flash or shine brightly. If not, chances are the driver inside the PCM is faulty - you'll need a capable scan tool to read that PID and confirm the diagnosis.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.