Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2013 town and country touring and I hear a gh pitch

Customer Question

I have a 2013 town and country touring and I hear a high pitch squeling while I'm driving.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern . Please note that I am not standing in front of your vehicle. My diagnosis is a educated guess at best using all the information you provide. Leaving out import things you have tried, experienced or recent work performed only makes my job harder.

How many miles on your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Squealing is intermittent. I first thought it was my brakes, but even after I brake ot makes the sound.

How intermittent is it? Is it something you can recreate often?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I step on the brakes it squeaks then if I step on it soft it stops, but then after a few.minutes of driving ot comes back off and on

ok it could still be the brakes causing the issue, It could be a pad wear sensor barely touching or a rust ridge on the rotor making contact with the pad.

If you can recreate it on a pretty regular basis, have some one stand out side of the vehicle while you slowly drive by and see if you can narrow down which wheel or wheels the noise is coming from.

a shopping center parking lot or something similar work real well.

if the noise can be narrowed down to a specific wheel, you can disassemble those brakes and check for the causes of the noise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mahalo!

please let me know what you find out

do you need any more help with your concern? Please if you are done asking questions and are completely satisfied please take a few moments and accept my answers. I do not receive credit for my answers unless you accept.