Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2007 PT cruiser and the temperature gauge came on

Customer Question

I have a 2007 PT cruiser and the temperature gauge came on and temperature went to high. I turned up the heat to high to bring some hot air in the vechile until I could pull over and park it. Antifreeze was leaking out and was gurgling. The overflow was half to 3/4 full. Would this be a thermostat or worse, like a head gasket?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. It could be a thermostat, but first can you tell me what area the coolant was leaking out at?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was to the back, underneath the plastic overflow container. I just bought this vehicle 1 week ago used from a dealership As Is. The heat was good and only have driven it to and from work for 1 week.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, ok. then what needs to be done is to have the cooling system pressure tested so that the leak can be revealed. Based on your description of where the leak is, I am thinking and hoping it it a split in one of the heater hoses. See if the dealership will check that and connect a pressure tester on the cooling system and find the leak. If they are a reputable dealer they should check this for you for no charge even though you bought it as is.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris