sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

There, I live in Bucharest, Romania. I own a 2005 CHRYSLER

Customer Question

Hi, there,
I live in Bucharest, Romania. I own a 2005 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER TOURING 2.4, US manufactured with European Equipment, 4-DOOR HATCHBACK, VIN 1C8FYN8B45T545225.
1 month ago I had an accident. The front side was hit. Unfortunately, mechanics here are not familiar with this car model.
I need to find and buy the following replacement parts, SH, cause I don't afford new:
- manual gear box,
- alternator,
- water radiator,
- AC radiator,
- electromotor (electromotiv),
- power steering pump,
- clutch kit (transmission kit)
It will be very helpful if you can tell me:
1. The EXACT TYPE and MODEL of EACH PART, so I should know what to look for.
2. What other Chrysler car model are equiped with these parts, so I can extend my research on SH market, as there are not many 2.4 PT Touring 4-door cars with European Equipment in Romania.
I must say that I tried the webselfservice, but did not find my answers.
In order to see more details about my car, you can enter the VIN number on the following link and you will get the full equipment listing.
https://m.chrysler.com/en/mobile/webselfservice/index.html
Thank you in advance.
Raluca
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The part number for the transmission is RL073563AE if the transmssion stamping number is(###) ###-####C. This part number fits 2002-2009 PT Cruisers. If the stamping number on your trans is (###) ###-####C then the current transmission part number is ***** This part number fits 2002-2008 PT Cruiser.

The alternator part number is ***** and fits 2000-2006 PT Cruisers and 2.4 Neons.

The radiator part number is ***** and fits 2002-2006 PT Cruisers.

I'm assuming you also need a cooling fan assembly, the part number is ***** also fitting 2002-2006 PT Cruisers.

The power steering pump is 05273759AJ and fits 2003-2010 PT Cruiser.

The clutch is 05106023AA and fits 2001-2009 PT Cruiser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sprinkles,
Thank you for your answer.
First of all, I will have to check tomorrow in service if the stumping numbers your wrote are indeed written on my car's parts. In Romania, Sunday is not working day, so today the service was closed.
Secondly, you wrote the STOCK NUMBERS, which are used for NEW PARTS, or, I specifically wrote that I need the identification numbers in order to find SH PARTS.
So, you reply does not answer my questions at all at this point.
The numbers you gave me I could get myself on the web.Plus, you wrote twice the SAME stamping no for transmission, but gave 2 different Stock numbers, which is confusing.
Also, you did not mention anything about the electromotive and gear box.The most annoying thing is that my credit card was already charged 20 USD, BEFORE I rated your ansewer. This is absolutely not acceptable according to the terms and conditions.
So I officially complain about this.Now, to ACTUALLY answer my questions, please specify, for EACH part I mentioned, the following:1. Identification number, not STOCK number for new parts.
2. What other cars are equipped with it?Example:
For the gear box, I need the usual number that can help me identify as SH part, like T350.
I also need to know on what other cars I cand find this specific gear box. You said "This part number fits 2002-2009 PT Cruisers", but you did not mention if you are talking only about cars with 2.4 gas engine, 2.4 turbo, or it fits with other engine, like 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 16V.You should mention this for ALL PARTS I wrote.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Raluca

These part numbers are directly from the parts catalog and are current numbers. I assure you they are correct. Part numbers are how parts are identified no matter if they are new or used.

The second stamping number should have ended in AB instead of AC, I apologize for the typo.

There isn't a part on your car called an electromotive, I assumed you meant cooling fan. If not then I'll need to know more about what part it is you're looking for.

I gave application information in my first post. The parts fit a PT Cruiser with a 2.4 in the model years listed, except for the one part that also fits a Neon with a 2.4.

You placed a deposit into your account to ask a question per the site's terms of service. If you have a billing related question you would need to contact customer service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for your answer.
"Catalog no" are for NEW PARTS and I am not looking for new parts, it seems we have a communication problem on this.
"Electromotive" is also known here as "starter", but in order not to make a confusion, please find the picture of it on the attached link.
http://www.pieseauto.ro/electromotor/chrysler/pt-cruiser/electromotor-pt-cruiser-2-0-16v-2001-1789855157.htmlI know you wrote on your first answer that "X part fits PT Cruiser with a 2.4 in the model years listed, except for the one part that also fits a Neon with a 2.4.", and repeated it now, but my question was not "which YEAR 2.4 PT Cruiser fits?".
My question was "which other cars have the same parts"?Also, please answer clearly, like: "the parts mentioned fit ONLY 2.4 CARS" or "Can be also find on .... (par example: 1.6 engine, 1.8, 2.0 etc)".Thank you again.
Best,
Raluca

Part numbers identify parts whether they are new or used.

None of these parts fit other vehicles besides PT Cruiser except where I noted one that fits Neon. I gave the only years and vehicles these parts fit in my first post.

The starter part number is ***** and fits Sebring/Stratus four door, PT Cruiser, Caliber and Journey from 2003-2010 with a 20 or 2.4.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks again for your answer.
You say: "None of these parts fit other vehicles besides PT Cruiser except where I noted one that fits Neon."It seems you just don't know the answer to the question "what other cars beside my car have the same parts?". I have 2.4 PT, that means "other cars beside 2.4PT". Meaning it can be "2.2, 2.0" PT... etc.
It seems you just can't answer accordingly.
Thanks any way.About the parts: nobody uses catalog numbers on SH market, but short numbers, or "codes", like T350 for the gear box. It seems you don't know that, too. I assume you're used on replacing broken parts with new ones and u use only catalog numbers Nothing to blame on that. But as I said, I don't afford that. I should pay just for transmission the actual price of the car. As already said, catalog numbers are free on the internet and did not use justanswer.com for a copy-paste job.So, thanks for trying, but I I request my question to be answer by another expert.
Thank you again.
Best,
Raluca

T350 is just the model of the transmission. It's identified by part number for specific application.

As I explained these parts fit exactly the vehicles I specified only. The interchange information comes directly from the parts catalog. There are no other vehicles that these parts fits other than the ones I described in both posts.

Regardless of any research or part numbers you provide to a junkyard if you go to look for used parts, they're going to look them up anyway and have their own interchange software.

I haven't copied and pasted anything. Your question was open for an extended time without a response after being seen by dozens of experts and I was the only one that felt comfortable and capable to help. I spent a substantial amount of time going through the parts catalog that very few in the world have access to and looked up the part numbers and interchange information.

Your question is open for others. Responding in the mean time will direct the question back to me.