Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and the car alarm will not go

Customer Question

I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and the car alarm will not go off. I have tried opening the door an trunk to disengage but the alarm will not stop? Any suggestions? It is not the key fob because it locks.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

From what you describe, it appears that your BCM has failed with the alarm system engaged. At this time I would recommend having the BCM scanned for codes. Any codes that are retrieved from the onboard modules will definitely help.

Let me know if you can have it scanned and we can continue when you are ready...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the BCM and where can I get it scanned?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

BCM is the "Body Control Module". Alarm functions are controlled by the BCM. The best place to get it scanned is the dealer as their scannedr can access all onboard modules including the BCM. If you take it to other shops, they may not have the correct scanner to access the BCM.. If you have it scanned and need a second opinion on the dealer diagnosis, post all codes retrieved here and I'll let you know my thoughts...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert