ASETech32605
ASETech32605, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner, Chief Mechanic- Repair Shop
71884037

1995 Voyager. Melted 2 amp fuse Control. Fuse block position

Customer Question

1995 Voyager. Melted 2 amp fuse for Speed Control. Fuse block position 14. Suggested repair steps?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to restate the question. Further investigation indicates melted fuse 20 amp fuse position 13. Rear wiper/airbag. 1995 Plymouth Voyager SE. Not 2 amp speed control.
Expert:  ASETech32605 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am an ASE certified automotive electrical mechanic with over 15 years experience.

Have you put a new fuse in? If not, put one in and see what happens. Most of the time, a fuse will blow when the current on a circuit monetarily exceeds the rated capacity of the fuse, even though all the components are good. Fuses loose their ability to flow current as they age and that 20a fuse might have been worn down to 15 or even 10a.

Does the new fuse blow immediately? If not, turn the rear wipers on did it blow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse has melted and the fuse block has been distorted, Cannot remove fuse

Ah, yes, Ive seen this a dozen times. When Chrysler designed the 91-95 fuse boxes for the voyager, town & country, and Caravan, they did not properly seal the inside of the fuse box from moisture. Moisture makes it way into the box, under where the fuses go, and makes a slight connection. As current passes though it, the box heats up, and deforms, causing what you saw today. The fuse box must be replaced.

Chrysler did make an updated fuse box, but I havent seen on for sale in a couple years.

Your best bet is to call a recycler and order a used one. If you provide your zip code, I can give you the phone number of a recycler near you that has one in stock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I understand the fuse box needs to be replaced. Assumed as much. I will go that path.

Would you like me to provide you with the phone number of the nearest recycler that has a high quality and very inexpensive replacement part? I just need your zip code.

__________________________________________________________________

Please remember to leave a positive rating so I may receive credit for my time.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and have a better day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Zip is 97233

Here are some recyclers close to you that have them in stock.

$50 Rose Auto Wrecking, Inc. USA-OR(Portland)(###) ###-####/p>

Bud's Auto Wrecking USA-OR(Portland)(###) ###-####/p>

$50.63B & R Auto Wrecking - Chehalis USA-WA(Chehalis)(###) ###-####/p>

Great it looks like you have fixed the problem with my help. I glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.

Be sure to rate my answer(s) so I can get paid for my time. I do not get paid unless I get a positive rating.

Thanks and have a better day!

Is there anything else I can help you with? This question will close in 24 hours, unless you need more help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.