SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

I have a 2004 Pacifica with electrical issues. The first

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Pacifica with electrical issues. The first thing that I notice by looking is the smaller wire to the starter as heated up and melted apart.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

You are talking about the yellow/grey wire.If that wire is melted then there is a short in the starter solenoid or a short to ground in between the starter solenoid and the starter motor relay.The 40 amp fuse should have blown.It is fuse #7 under the hood driver's side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I traced it down. It is the fusible link at the starter that comes from the power feed line from the alternator. Do you know how to spec the size and where I could buy a new link to install.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

It is a 8 gauge wire.You can purchase the fusible link that includes the wire from the dealer.