sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Hope all is well...

Customer Question

hey!!! hope all is well...
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAS GONNA PULL THE NEG ON THE BATTERY TONIGHT to see if it would clear the codes, because the scanner is not. Was going to pull the cat to check it next, but after that? was running well right before, so maybe a sensor? TPS, MAF, CPS, hate throwing money into and not panning out, was about to sell the car right when this happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!??
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. welcome to our site.

Just logged in and saw your question. Do you still need help with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, if they charged me, might as well.... I dunno, I cleared the codes and still all muffled like cat. so was going to take off and inspect, the outside seems to look good, oh and when it started it wasn't gradual, drove like aces then turned it on 10 minutes later and was like a tractor.... so, it started raining so I held off last night.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that will cause a misfire. Plugs and wires are the most common. Localized vacuum leaks, the coil, injector, wiring and cylinder sealing issues are also possibilities. It's possible that you got a damaged spark plug also, they're often handled poorly in shipping and I've had quite a few bad out of the box.

Have you checked spark strength on number 2?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i checked the plugs and wires and they were fine, but I changed them anyway, then reset the codes. Maybe you didn't see the first post. all the same performance, changed the EGR, because was way dirty and had coded before so I cleaned the pipe. I don't know now, I didn't think so, because it looked good, but removed the cat and still no change. I am down to some vacuum leak that I didn't find when I first suspected, and possible coil..... another thought was the #2 injector??? never dealt with them though....
fuel pump/filter has less than 10k on it, that was a big fiasco, in itself... I might get the intake gasket cus like $16 and take off and then inspect valve spring #2...... any thoughts would be great, I was going to trade in last week when this happened. was like flipping a switch though, ran fine(but mileage was bad.... just before this happened.... THANKS!