Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2006 chrysler 300 limited awd. Stopped at a stop sign and

Customer Question

2006 chrysler 300 limited awd. Stopped at a stop sign and car seemed like it was stuck in 1st. Barely made it home about 4 blocks. Now it will shift into drive/ reverse, but acts like it is in neutral.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Is the check engine light on? If you try and drive it will it stay in 1st or will it not move? Do you see any leaks under the car?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light is on. When it first happened it was stuck in 1st. Now it will not got at all, like it is in neutral.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If it will not move at all then it's likely you have internal damage and the transmission will need to be removed.. Are you going to be doing this? Have you read the codes in the PCM yet?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internal damage with no warning leading up to this. Check engine light had been on for less than 24 hrs.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If you disconnect the electrical connector to the transmission it should still move.. Do you have a scantool to retrieve the codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not, but I can get it ran if I can move the car.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know what codes it has..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0406, P0730, P2784,
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

The code P2784-INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1/2 CORRELATION is dealing with the input sensor and if it's good then you have internal transmission damage.. You can try replacing it or ohming the 2 terminals and if good then the transmsision will need to be removed and disassembled to find the issue..