Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have an 08 pt cruiser. I want to unplug the chime box.

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

there is NO dedicated box for the chime it is a sound generator that is part of the instrument cluster, so the only way to eliminate the chime is unplug the cluster BUT the cluster is a master computer and unplugging it will cause other problems, you see modern cars have far more computers that are integrated into the systems than ever before unlike older cars chimes come from one of those computers in your case the instrument cluster

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine bell is what I need to disable, not the light just the annoying bell is their a fuse or wire I can pull?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

sorry there is NO fuse or wire or module to disconnect bets bet is fix the check engine light