Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 1998 Concorde with the 3.2 engine. I've had a

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Concorde with the 3.2 engine. I've had a "exhaust" noise coming from the engine area that's more noticeable when engine is colder and during acceleration. I do not hear it as much once the engine is no longer "pulling".
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern. Please note that I am not physically looking at your vehicle and my diagnosis is a educated guess at best using all the information you provide.

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like one of the exhaust manifolds is leaking. Typically when they start to leak, they will leak cold and sometimes the noise will go away when the vehicle gets warmed up.

This is not an easy job on this vehicle, I strongly recommend you have it diagnosed by a repair shop you trust.