bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My mom's PT cruiser 2008 won't start the red alarm light is

Customer Question

My mom's PT cruiser 2008 won't start the red alarm light is on and now the key isn't recognized. everything was fine for the first 3 trips of the day. i tried replacing the battery in the key fob no luck still have red light & dead engine. Do I need to have it towed to a dealer?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

it is POSSIBLE you need to go to a dealer BUT first try disconnecting the CAR battery for a few MINUTES AND SEE IF THE SYSTEM RESETS IF IT DOES AND TEH CAR STARTS eventually you will need to have the skim module replaced and programmed (that's the security module) also if you have a spare key try that one as well, IF these do not work then yes it's time for a trip to the dealer or a shop that has the ability to properly diagnose the security system in your PT

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

following up to see if you still need assistance

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service