Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Wondering how to fix drivers side seat on my 2005 touring,

Customer Question

Wondering how to fix drivers side seat on my 2005 touring, it goes up and down but not back and forth?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

When you try and go back and forth does it bind up or not do anything? Also what is the last 8 digits of your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 side moves, when I take out the bar on the motor. 5R568137
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If one side moves then it sounds like your seat frame is binded up and it will need to be replaced..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I imagine it is either a contact or 1 of the motors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The track stuck in other words, maybe something is blocking it.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Yes when the seat track gets stuck it's usually a bad seat frame..

TESTING POWER SEAT TRACK MOTORS

1. Check the power seat circuit breaker under the seat. If OK, go to Step 2. If not OK, replace the faulty power seat circuit breaker.
  2. Check for battery voltage at the power seat circuit breaker under the seat. If OK, go to Step 3. If not OK, repair the open fused B(+) circuit to the fuse in the Integrated Power Module (IPM) as required.
  3. Remove the outboard seat cushion side cover, . Disconnect the wire harness connector from the power seat switch. Check for battery voltage at the fused B(+) circuit cavity of the power seat switch wire harness connector. If OK, go to Step 4. If not OK, repair the open fused B(+) circuit to the power seat circuit breaker under the seat as required.
  4. Check for continuity between the ground circuit cavity of the power seat switch wire harness connector and a known good ground. There should be continuity. If OK, go to step 5 If not OK, repair the open ground circuit as required.
  5. Test the power seat switch, . If the switch tests OK, test the circuits of the power seat wire harness between the inoperative power seat track adjuster motor and the power seat switch for shorts or opens. If the circuits check OK, replace the faulty power seat track unit. If the circuits are not OK, repair the power seat wire harness as required.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If the motor is good then you will need to replace the seat track.. I have replaced quite a few for the issue..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad