Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My engine seems to have a battery problem. Went out to start

Customer Question

My engine seems to have a battery problem. Went out to start it all lights were out except on the dash a little round light was on even though the key was not in it was a faded red dot. The battery is only 6 months old alternator is new and it's happened a couple times so I have no idea
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the battery it seemed to have a couple loose ground wires but the battery seems fine and like I said the alternator was just done shortly log out no more than a month and a half. I just can't figure out why everything goes out no lights nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

If the red light is on then that is a sign you have a bad SKIM key.. Do you have another gray headed key to try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what a skim key is. This is just a red dot in with the other idiot lights it's very top center
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Your SKIM key is a programmed key which is bad will trigger the security system and not allow you to start your vehicle.. Your key should be gray headed which indicates is a programmed key.. Do you have another one to try? If not I would suggest calling a mobile locksmith to come and cut and program a key key to see if it resolves your issues.. If it doesn't then it's likely a bad SKIM module which will need to be programmed with a scantool..

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't honestly rate this yet because I'm not sure we're on the same page. This is happened with my car before it won't start. I had two keys and for a few months ago the long fine then it there's no power to start the engine and when the tow truck driver showed up and put his battery charger jump starter unit on it started right up it seems as though it has to be or have something to do with the battery, alternator, starter, something in that venue not My key
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what codes are in the PCM and SKIM modules?

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

A Refund?