Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Own a 2008 pt cruiser. Occasionally the icons light would

Customer Question

Own a 2008 pt cruiser. Occasionally the icons light would flash and the gauge needles would go to zero and back up, but outside of that the car ran okay. The problem only lasted a few seconds and would stop. Since it was intermittent I was reluctant to take it in. No it has started to lurch and hesitate while the icons flash and even stall out. But if you start it again, it is fine. Sometime you get an odor of gas when you start the car. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The first thing I would like to do is remove the cluster, start the car and wiggle the cluster connector and wire harness to try and make this occur to see if its a concern at the cluster or possibly a ground. Is that something you could do?

Have you monitored the battery voltage, a charging system issue to high or low volts could cause this.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.