Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chad, I'm working on a 2007 pts cruiser

Customer Question

Hi Chad, I'm working on a 2007 pts cruiser
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The wire shorted to ground usually indicates the wire itself is damaged causing this here needing traced from the fuse panel to where it runs to locate and repair the fault or that one of the components it feeds power to is shorted internally needing replaced.

If you can tell me the fuse or relay that this wire plugs into this will help and I can look up some info on it from there.Let me know if this is possible.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know thw wire goes to a plug marked F on the bottom side of the fuse block. I was trying to find out what this plug goes to. It has two wires brown/green and a black.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you flip over this panel does it show what fuse is connected to these wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tbere is a line of plugs along the bottom back side of the fuse box starting at "A" and ending at "B".
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Just to be sure is this the under hood fuse panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find another fuse block
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,looking at my info here I don't see these specific wires myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete