Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2007 sebring shuts off on road no warning .when trying to

Customer Question

2007 sebring shuts off on road no warning .when trying to start shakes.4times it was towed temp outside 90 battery replaced dealer said computers reset?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On allot of models this type of fault here with sudden shut down can be caused by a faulty crank position sensor failing to send the correct rpm signal to the computer and ignition components.If this sensors signal was not checked when the vehicle would not start this needs done.If the vehicle is now starting this will have to be checked when the vehicle is acting up again to see if the crank sensor itself does need replaced.

If there is an internal fault in the engine computer this will also cause this as well and can cause a reset internally as well.The only way for the dealer or a repair facility to locate and pinpoint the exact fault here is if it is checked/tested when the vehicle is acting up.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.