Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 Town and Country and tonight I opened the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Town and Country and tonight I opened the sliding passenger side door manually. The sliding door is now stuck/locked in full the open position and will not close via the power button or manually.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turns out after further investigation the door is off the rails. I did manage to get the door on the rails and closed. But how do I fix the problem permanently?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damage to the rails or the rollers that may have caused it to jump off the rails causing this issue here.If a fault is found with the rails or rollers for the rails or guides the affected components will need replaced.This is usually how this gets off the rails if there is a damaged or affected component needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.