Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

My 05 Chrystler 300 HEMI C every time i replace the coil

Customer Question

My 05 Chrystler 300 HEMI C every time i replace the coil pack then crank up it imediately you can hear it burn up then u have to cut the car off ,it started out one coil went out on the oppisit side then another on the same side then about three weeks later on the opposit side across from the last one i replaced went out and every time i put it in it would immidiately start tuning up then i would have to hurry and cut the car off .it started with à mist after the first coil went out
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You need to check the brown with yellow striped wire going to all the coils for breaks, cuts, chafing, especially at splice 107(see attached for location atop engine) and repair as needed.

If ok, then replace the pcm

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?