Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Question about: Year 2008, Make: Chrysler, Model: PT

Customer Question

Question about: Year 2008, Make: Chrysler, Model: PT Cruiser, Base model (2.5 engine NON-TURBO). Problem: The PT Cruiser's liftgate does not open when I press the touchpad on the liftgate. What I have done so far: I have already entered the cargo area
by moving the back seats forward. I have already removed the plastic panel coverring the liftgate latch on the inside of the liftgate. When I manually operate the liftgate latch (on the inside), I am able to open the liftgate. Is there any fuse I could check
to see if the problem is caused by a blown fuse? In case such fuse is in good working condition, how can I test the functionality of the latch and what would be the quickest and most efffective way to replace the part? Please, be a Chrysler PT cruiser expert.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, there is no dedicated fuse to the liftgate latch. Signal comes from the IP Cluster, which is a control module as well.

Check that there is a good ground on the black wire at the actuator motor and check for 12v on the tan with yellow stripe wire at the actuator, 12v at the tan and dark green strip wire at the switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Eric:I will check the wires as soon as my full-time job allows. Please, know that I sometimes work up to 13 hours or 15 hours a day, and my time is limited. I usually work on the car on the weekends. I will certainly leave feedback as soon as the repair comes to an end. I will keep in touch. Thank you.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds good