Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 05 town and country touring. The cluster stopped

Customer Question

I have a 05 town and country touring. The cluster stopped working as well as the air. I have taken the cluster out and don't see any broken wires of bad solder. If I don't try and start the engine the digital readout comes back on, but when you turn accessories on or start the engine the digital fades and then goes out. I did the self diag. and it said e code 100.2. Any idea
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the code says SoF E100.2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it also has a code that says SoF 7.5
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

OK. Looks like we're dealing with code E100.2 (SoF 7.5 is just telling us what software version is currently installed). Now, since code E100.2 indicates bad communication between the cluster (MIC) and the body module (BCM), there is only a couple of things we can check before having to plug in a capable scan tool; the first is to take a very close look at the cluster connectors and look for cavities/terminals that have spread apart and are causing open circuits - in fact, as a manner of routine, I recommend tightening these connector cavities with a pick tool or big sewing needle. If the connectors are fine, then the other thing we can do is check for power and grounds to see if those are not intermittently "disappearing" - which will mean we have other issues down the harness or in the integrated power module (IPM). Check for system voltage at all times at cluster connector terminal 6 (Brown/Red wire). If OK, check for ground at all times at cluster connector terminal 13 (Black/Light Blue wire).

As I previously indicated, if those two checks don't reveal the cause of the malfunction, we would need to get access to a capable scan tool in order to proceed with our diagnosis. Please let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.