AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have an '06 Chrysler Pacifica that takes many tries to

Customer Question

Hello, I have an '06 Chrysler Pacifica that takes many tries to start. No dimming of lights, brand new battery, makes click sound with each turn, but that's it. No sound like it's trying to start. Originally happened occationally and took a couple tries. Now happens every time and sometimes takes 10+ times to finally start. Never any stalling problems when driving. Only starting problem.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This sounds like a failing starter solenoid which is part of the starter assembly.

Would you like the procedure to replace that?

Check all the cable connections before doing anything to make sure this isn't a problem with a bad connection and let me know if you happen to find anything loose. When it's acting up, try tapping the starter solenoid with the key turned to the crank position and see if it suddenly starts to crank.

Let me know what you find. Thanks.