Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible. At first I had

Customer Question

Hello Eric, I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible. At first I had the codes P0700 and P1776. I cleared them. While I was driving my Battery light came on. There was no loss of power. After I shut the car off and turned it back on the light did not come on again. A few days later the battery light came on again, then while I was still driving the Check Engine light came on, then it started flashing and I started to lose power on and off. when I read the codes again they were P0339 and P0440. I have not driven the car since.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** check engine light only come on when battery light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, its come on before without the battery light. I started the car last night and the check engine light is still on.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

P0700 and P1776 usually means the transmission solenoid pack has failed but this would cause shifting problems. P0339 is related to camshaft position sensor which could make it run rough and P0440 usually means the leak detection assembly has failed which would not cause any driveability problems. I'd start with figuring out the battery light because low voltage can cause a lot of random problems. You will want to monitor power/ground at alternator and see if they are all good when battery light comes on, if so replace the alternator then move onto other problems. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.