Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

The keys will not start the car...lights work ... Alarm will

Customer Question

The keys will not start the car...lights work ... Alarm will respond ... Head lights work...
The key will not turn...
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can you please post your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3C8FY4BB71T599989
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the VIN! This problem is caused by a bad ignition lock cylinder. The correct fix would be to simply replace the ignition lock cylinder (it comes with a new key)

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You could try using another ignition key and try turning the key while turning the steering wheel as it might free up.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

However even if you do get it to release now, if the problem remains, the ignition lock cylinder will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I have even heard to try and tap of the back of the key gently with a small hammer while trying to turn the key forward and sometimes that will do the trick. If your in a bind, you might want to give that a try.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Amedee