Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I change the engine in 4 Chrysler Pacifica, after I get done

Customer Question

I change the engine in
4 Chrysler Pacifica, after I get done and crank it, it start but cut off in seconds, I did this about 3 more time and it did the same but this time it is not doing anything thing,
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already check all the fuses in the fuse box, and I also check the relays
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is there a "Red Dot" illuminated on the instrument cluster when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what red dot you are referring to. Be more specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking in the dashboard?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the instrument cluster is where all your gauges and warning lamps are at. Is there a Red dot that comes on when you try to start it? Does this light stay on solid, blink or come on a few seconds then go out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no red light besides the regular ones, and when I try to crank it all the lights goes out and nothing happen.I check the starter and ground it out, it turn over but no gas coming up nor anything from the plug
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

This light should come on as a 2 second bulb check, it is basically a single red dot. If this light is not coming on at all either the bulb is burned or there is a malfunction with the Immobilizer system if equipped. What color is the key that is used to start the vehicle? Black or grey?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Is this key an original key or has it been used for a long time with this vehicle? Black keys are for non immobilizer equipped vehicles. If so that eliminated the immobilizer as a cause... If this is the case, I recommend to start by checking for proper connections of the wiring to the battery, power distribution center next to the battery and the starter. there should be 3 wires at the starter..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only 2 wires to the starter
a small clip on and the power wire .when I use a piece of wire to touch on those on the starter it turn the engine over but no gas nor current
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

There should be 2 wires on the larger starter terminal, the battery cable and a smaller power wire for the vehicle electrical system. Bypassing the starter wires will not get it started because the PCM MUST see the start signal from the ignition switch to fire the coil and injectors. Look around for a second wire with an eyelet nearby the starter, hook this together with the battery cable at the starter and let me know if it starts...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do see another blue wire to the starter but it is connected along with the battery wire and run in the wire harness.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is the one I'm referring to, check the blue wire carefully to make sure it isn't damaged. This is a "Fusible Link". Check to make sure there are no breaks in this wire. If it is ok, the next step is to have the vehicle scanned..... We need to see if there are any codes stored that may be causing this issue....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did scan it and get a code, dont remember what are the numbers, but it have something to do with the plugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code was p0113.
Its kind of strange because it did crank and start but it cut off within 1to 2 seconds. And I also realized that a # ***** fuse blown which I replaced.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

P0113 is for the air intake temperature sensor. This may have set if the key was turned on with the IAT sensor disconnected.

Let me research fuse 25 to see if it could affect anything... Does this fuse keep blowing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not blow since I changed it.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

exactly what happens now when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn on the ignition all the lights on the dashboard come on but when I turn the key to start it nothing hapen but clicking sounds from the fuse box
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a classic case of a dead battery. Is the battery recently new? Do you have a volt meter to check the battery voltage and for voltage drop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is good I already rule out tha battery
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Did you load test the battery or how did you determine that the battery is good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the battery that is in my honda Odysseus
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

I can post a wiring diagram of the starting circuit, do you think that will help you get this figured out? If so, let me know and I'll round up some diagrams for you...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
send it please
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

post the VIN number so I can get the correct diagrams for you..

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Logging off for the night...

Thank you...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN #
2C8GF68494R580771
TYPE MPV
SINGLE DUAL.
AWD
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Here are some wiring diagrams for you....

Click Here

Click Here

Click Here

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not open from here, can you send the link to my email address***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess ill just have to bring it to the dealer. Maybe the an th theft system need to reprogram
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

I can send the info to your email address after you accept the additional service request....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to toe it to the dealer. Sorry you couldn't help me.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

No problem, remember, if you need a second opinion on the dealer's diagnosis. post a reply here...

Thank you,

obert