Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a 2011 chrysler 200 convertible. Everything seemed in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 chrysler 200 convertible. Everything seemed in good working order with the convertible top until tonight when putting the top down the "top not secured message " came up on the message center. when putting the top up the same message appears. Any help??
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the top secure message come on this means the control module is seeing a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this the first thing that is going to need to be done is to scan the system with a compatible scan tool and see what the B code is that should be setting, if you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll go to oreillys in a bit and check it out.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Sure thing but I do not think a simple code reader that they use will pull codes for the top. In most cases you need a full scan tool compatible with Chrysler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did go and that's what they told me. I'll see if I can have one run at the Chrysler place later. The windows went all the way up as I was driving but the message still shows.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay Im here if you need me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol!!!! I put it down today when I put it back up it said it was complete and dinged. Could it reset or something if my daughter did not wait for it to complete earlier? Fortunately for her she is still unharmed!!!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes its likely it reset, All you can do now is just see if it remains working properly and if so consider it resolved. Hopefully that is the case.