Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2000 chrysler sebring conv 2.5. has no power. stumbles.

Customer Question

2000 chrysler sebring conv 2.5.
has no power. stumbles. sometimes it will just take off. removed exhaust system no change, checked cam timming, ok, fuel pressure 52 psi when jumping relay. no codes, cam and crank in sinc. any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen something like this before, and it ended up being the ignition coil inside of the distributor. It is breaking down under a load at times. I am leaning towards this because you have no codes and fuel pressure is good. I recommend replacing the distributor and plug wires. I am pretty sure that this will take care of it.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not fix it. 250 and 1/2 a day wasted. got any other ideas/
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, really? And still no codes at all? Have you checked for contaminated fuel? Water in the fuel?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has a fresh tank of fuel. tried map sensor, crank sensor, still broken
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Strange one. Do you have a scan tool that can display real time sensor data and watch the sensor values while driving it when it acts up?

Chris