Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler,jeep,dodge tech for 4 years, overall 8 years in automotive and 1 year heavyduty
66273772

I have a 2009 Town and Country, the drivers side sliding

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2009 Town and Country, the drivers side sliding door window will not go up, it will power down. I took the motor out and it will reverse when polarity is reversed. I took the switch from the other door and it does the same while the drivers switch works fine in the passenger door. I bought a new main switch for the drivers door and still have the problem
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drivers side rear sliding door window will not go up, it will power down. I took the motor out and it will reverse when polarity is reversed. I took the switch from the other door and it does the same while the rear drivers side switch works fine in the rear passenger door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While attempting to put the window up there is no sound coming from the motor (no power)
Expert:  Mrchippeway replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like there is a broken wire! Down near the tra there are a big plastic flexible housing that houses the wiring for the sliding door, and there is usually issues with wires breaking from the movements. I would start with this part of the harness first.let me me how it goes.

Down near the track! Is where the harness is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Let me see if I understand how this all works. The circuit from the rear door switch to the motor is good while putting the window down, the same two wires when the polarity is reversed carry the power from the rear door switch to the motor. Are there two different circuits from the drivers main module to the rear door switch, one which would be ground/hot and the other hot/ground? I'm just trying to understand how the polarity gets reversed and where to look for any broken wires.

The polarities are switch through a module, that's wh it can work one down and not up, I would check the wires down by the lower track first because that is a usual place for breaks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do that tomorrow afternoon

were you able to find the break in the wiring harness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, it's been rainning for days and I haven't had time to look at it.

OK