Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

Here Chrysler concord Lxi 2004 71k miles error code P0344

Customer Question

Jim here Chrysler concord Lxi 2004 71k miles error code P0344 spin no start. Start after 5 min with check engine light to test with CANOBD2. Does this mean crankshaft sensor change out is needed?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello! To answer your question the most likely cause of that condition with that code is a camshaft position sensor. If you'd like I'll check in the morning when I get to work to see if there's any other common problems that have the potential to be related to what's going on with you're car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger thanks for the heads up on the cam position sensor. Is it a typical replacement foe this year?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger, I just bought the car from a dealer at 65k so trying tk decide if it needs to go back to him since it had a code cleared when I bought it. Does it neex to be replaced?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for just now getting back to you I was in bed had to be at work early this morning but yes on that engine it was relatively common for the camshaft position sensors to go bad, you're only other possibilities would be a wiring or crankshaft position sensor problem, but based off history of that engine your cam sensor is a safe bet.