sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The remote starter in my 2012 Chrysler will not operated and

Customer Question

The remote starter in my 2012 Chrysler will not operated and has a error message saying the hood latch is not set. I have ensured the latch is properly set and even when I do start the car with a key, the error message does not appear. Please help , Thank You
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The remote start won't operate if the TIPM sees that the hood is open. There is an ajar switch that opens and closes to put a reference voltage through a resistor so hood position can be monitored. It will take some electrical testing of the switch and circuits to determine what is going on, it could be a wiring issue, connection issue or the switch itself. Wiring damage is possible but not that likely unless the problem started after an accident, a repair where the switch was unplugged, etc. If no work was done in that area then the most likely cause would be the ajar switch itself.