Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Both sliding doors stopped working with any actuating button

Customer Question

both sliding doors stopped working with any actuating button (console, pillar or key fob) simultaneously. When you press the key fob, the 4 way flashers blink. If you try either of the two types of buttons, nothing happens. Tailgate works fine. Fuse in location J11 is NOT blown.
Ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your model has any after market components installed like a remote start or after market theft system this may be causing this issue here.I have seen after market components like this cause this fault with the after market component needing either removed or replaced.If there is no after market control unit this may be a fault with the sliding door control module at fault needing replaced or the body control ecu.I have seen both cause issues like this here.The next step would be to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed and repaired to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.