Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have aa 2000 Chrysler 300MM my mother in law ran the front

Customer Question

Hi. I have aa 2000 Chrysler 300MM my mother in law ran the front endinto a ditch. I realized quickly the next morning that there was a major leak as a result. I added some uv dye and saw the oiloan had actually cracked so I pulled one off another vehicle '00 300m and bought a new gsasket. I put it all back together and it still seems to be spewing oil. It may have been leaking already over time, no one can tell me. Before spending much more time, are there any clear sgns that the rear main seal is now blown?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Purchase a can or 2 of engine degreaser and spray down that engine and then wash it off and get it clean, then make sure the oil level is full, place a clean piece of cardboard under the engine and then start the engine up and watch for the first drop of oil to hit the cardboard. If it has an inspection plate or cover over the torque convertor remove it so you can see in there.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Have you found the leak?