Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2007 Pacifica. Only get heat from driver side.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pacifica. Only get heat from driver side. Checked and the "blend door motors" are moving. Dealership says it's a stuck door. They want $1500 to fix it. I've done the calibration test and nothing. Help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

what were the results of the calibration test?

were there any faults set, it is quite possible to have a sticking or broken door, you will need to remove the blend door motor and manually move the door to see if it moves or is broken.

did the dealer provide any codes on the receipt, the tech should have written some notes that were transposed to the reciept

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light just flashes and no codes showed on my dash. The dealership says the door is stuck and they tried to manually open it and all I was told is that the blend door motor needs replaced and they will have to disconnect my air bag and remove my whole dash and that's why it's $1500. My husband did look under the dash near driver side and removed the cover and when I would change the flow of the air on the Control panel the motors moved. I guess I'm just hoping for a quick easy fix. Went all winter last year with only heat on driver's side:(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no codes on receipt. The car was in for another reason when I ask them to look at the heat.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

codes for heat and a/c WILL NOT show on the dash, that is ONLY for SOME engine codes nothing else, do you have digital heat and a/c or manual non digital?

some of the systems can display codes through the heat display.

if the passenger motor is failing then YES the dash has to come out usually because of the location of the motor, it is behind the heater box and you need to pull the dash and heater box to replace, some motors are easy to get at some are not, front dual heat can be a pain on older cars, the pacifica uses mostly minivan heat and a/c components and the procedures are the same.

if you have the vin I can look up procedures for you and you can see what is needed to make the repairs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My vin is 2a8gm68x27r363948
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

thanks give me a few and I will see what I can get for you but I still need to know what type of controls you have digital or non digital?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Digital
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

here is a link to the removal and replacement procedures for the blend door motors, there are NO self diagnostics that can be accessed on your system all codes MUST be pulled with a scan tool (dealer level or equal) luckily all the motors in question are on the DRIVERS SIDE and can be accessed BUT you WILL need to climb UNDER the dash and work in close quarters.

I am sure you will have more questions so please download the paper I sent a link to (word format) and print it out it is only up for a few days, and ask your questions, you MAY or MAY NOT feel comfortable working around air bags and if not et a pro do the work but if your or your husband are handy and can follow the directions give it a try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w47j6fat3benoth/pacifica.docx?dl=0