Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Matt i have a 2006 chrysler pacificia and im having some

Customer Question

hey matt i have a 2006 chrysler pacificia and im having some problems with it. first the lights on the dash board will flicker then while driving the abs and brake light will flash on and off. lately its been giving me problems starting acting as if the battery is dead and then out of nowhere all power will resume like nothing just happened...any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Matt seems to be off line at the moment, but I can help you if you wish. If you would rather wait for Matt, that is fine, and I will opt out of this. Let me knoiw,

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody who can help is fine
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks. I am a technician at a Chrysler dealer and have seen this before. Your problems are caused by loose/poor battery cable connections, or an internal connection problem inside of the battery. Check clean and tighten the negative and positive battery cables. Check and tighten the cable at the under hood fuse box. If you still have this problem, then replace the battery. I am 99.9% sure that this will take care of it.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok now the cable under the fuse box is that something i can fix it or should i take it to a mechanic shop
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You can check it at least. If it feels good and tight, then that is not the problem. It will be the large red cable. If it is loose and moves, then let a shop take care of that for you. Just to be safe.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would the cable be under the car to see it? or running from the battery?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

It runs from the battery, goes into the harness and then to the fuse box. You do not need to get under the car to see it, however you may need to pull it up to gain access to the main red cable. Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see how it comes up.

Chris.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiujmwugeot59ct/CS%20PDC.doc?dl=0

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok now i just took some bubble wrap off from around the battery could that have been it?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmmm, I doubt it, however there should not be bubble wrap around the battery, so it is good that you removed it.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok well im going to take it to a local auto parts store so i can get the battery checked and if need be replaced thank you very much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well apparently its the battery or the altenator..... any other ideas???
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then if the battery failed the test then of course replace it. Does not appear to be an alternator problem.

Thank you for the positive rating!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris